Tourism Facts & Stats
Visitor Information Centres
Indigo Shire records the number of people going through each Visitor Information Centre door.
2008/2009 Accommodation Surveys
After 12 months of accommodations operators throughout the Shire issuing surveys to visitors, we now have some great information about tourism in Indigo Shire. Some key findings of the survey included :
- 32% of people visited Indigo Shire with the intention of a "short break"
- 43% used word of mouth to get their information, followed by the internet with 13%
- A whopping 66% of visitors to Indigo Shire planned to also visit other towns in the North East
- The most popular activity was relaxing (21%) followed by visiting restaurants (20%), wineries (19%), shopping (15%) and car touring (13%)
- The majority of visitors were from Melbourne (41%), followed by country NSW (17%), country Victoria (14%) and Sydney (11%)
- Of these visitors, 37% were visiting the region for the first time and 63% were returning.
To view results from 2008/2009 Accommodation Surveys click here and for a comprehensive 12 month breakdown click here.
Victoria's High Country Market Profile
Click here to view Tourism Victoria's market profile fact sheet, which provides a summary of the latest tourism data for Victoria's High Country campaign region. Information includes domestic and international visitor numbers, visitor expenditure and domestic visitor profiles such as origin, purpose of visit, visitor activities and travel parties.
Last updated: 10 February 2016