Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee
Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee (IEDTAC) is a joint initiative between Indigo Shire Council and industry. Its role is to provide a co-ordinated regional focus for economic development, marketing and tourism development and to advise Council on strategic economic development and tourism direction.
IEDTAC acts as the central body for all organisations and individuals involved and interested in economic development and tourism, and it provides a unified approach to economic and tourism development, planning and marketing on behalf of industry, the community and Indigo Shire Council.
The committee's structure acknowledges the close working relationship between Council and industry. IEDTAC comprises of the following members:
- 1 x representative Beechworth Chamber of Commerce - Darren Car.
- 1 x representative Chiltern Tourism Association - Kevin Mayhew.
- 1 x representative Destination Rutherglen - Lennie Lister.
- 1 x representative Yackandandah Tourism Association - Pauline van Aken.
- 3 x skills-based representatives with tourism portfolios - Steve Pask, Brian Millar, John Costello.
- 3 x skills-based representatives with economic development portfolios - Nerida Kerr, Karen Nankervis, Michael Wighton.
- 2 x Indigo Shire Councillor representatives - Bernard Gaffney, Peter Croucher.
- Indigo Shire Manager Resident & Tourism Services (ex officio) - Kate Biglin.
- Indigo Shire Economic Development Officer (ex officio) - Ross Smith.
Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee Instrument of Delegation:
Instrument of Delegation - Indigo Economic Development and Tourism Advisory Committee - Adopted 11 September 2012.pdf
Please click below to access the IEDTAC minutes.
Last updated: 26 February 2013