Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee
Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee (IEDTAC) is a joint initiative between Indigo Shire Council and industry. Its role is to provide a co-ordinated regional focus for economic development, marketing and tourism development and to advise Council on strategic economic development and tourism direction.
IEDTAC acts as the central body for all organisations and individuals involved and interested in economic development and tourism, and it provides a unified approach to economic and tourism development, planning and marketing on behalf of industry, the community and Indigo Shire Council.
The committee's structure acknowledges the close working relationship between Council and industry. IEDTAC comprises of the following members:
- 1 x representative Beechworth Chamber of Commerce - Elizabeth Mason
- 1 x representative Chiltern Tourism Association - Kevin Mayhew (Chair)
- 1 x representative Destination Rutherglen - Simon Killeen
- 1 x representative Yackandandah Tourism Association - Phil Buerckner
- 3 x skills-based representatives with tourism portfolios - Brian Millar, John Costello, Darryn Arnold
- 3 x skills-based representatives with economic development portfolios - Nerida Kerr, Karen Nankervis, Simon de Garis (Deputy Chair)
- 2 x Indigo Shire Councillor representatives - Bernard Gaffney, Peter Croucher.
- Indigo Shire Manager Resident & Tourism Services (ex officio) - Clayton Neil.
- Indigo Shire Economic Development Officer (ex officio) -
The objectives of the Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee are:
- To provide strategic direction to Indigo Shire's economic development and tourism initiatives and programs.
- To work co-operatively with local, regional and state tourist organisations.
- To identify new festivals and events in Indigo Shire, support existing festivals and events, and make a recommendation to Council on the distribution of Council's Festivals & Events Support Fund.
- To provide input on special projects where directed by Council.
- To act as a two-way communication vehicle between Indigo Shire Council and local business and tourism associations.
The 2016 meetings will occur on the first Friday of every 2nd month, starting at 9:30am.
Please note that meeting times / places can change without notice on this website. To confirm times and location, please contact Customer Service on 1300 365 003 or email@example.com.
6 February in Wahgunyah
1 April in Barnawartha
3 June in Rutherglen
5 August - Yackandandah Community Centre, 29 High Street
7 October in Chiltern
2 December in Tangambalanga
The minutes of all IEDTAC meetings are included in the Agenda of the following Council Meeting. Please click here for Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
Indigo Shire Tourism Festivals & Events Grants Program 2016/2017
The 2016/2017 Indigo Shire Tourism Festivals and Events Grants Program will be opening for applications on June 13 2016. Please click here more information.
Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee Terms of Reference:
Terms of Reference - Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee - Adopted 24 June 2014.pdf
Last updated: 05 August 2016