Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee
Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee (IEDTAC) is a joint initiative between Indigo Shire Council and industry. Its role is to provide a co-ordinated regional focus for economic development, marketing and tourism development and to advise Council on strategic economic development and tourism direction.
IEDTAC acts as the central body for all organisations and individuals involved and interested in economic development and tourism, and it provides a unified approach to economic and tourism development, planning and marketing on behalf of industry, the community and Indigo Shire Council.
The committee's structure acknowledges the close working relationship between Council and industry. IEDTAC comprises of the following members:
- 1 x representative Beechworth Chamber of Commerce - Elizabeth Mason
- 1 x representative Chiltern Tourism Association - Kevin Mayhew (Chair)
- 1 x representative Destination Rutherglen - Simon Killeen
- 1 x representative Yackandandah Tourism Association - Cheryl Webster
- 3 x skills-based representatives with tourism portfolios - Brian Millar, John Costello, Darryn Arnold
- 3 x skills-based representatives with economic development portfolios - Nerida Kerr, Karen Nankervis, Simon de Garis (Deputy Chair)
- 2 x Indigo Shire Councillor representatives - Bernard Gaffney, Peter Croucher.
- Indigo Shire Manager Resident & Tourism Services (ex officio) - Clayton Neil.
- Indigo Shire Economic Development Officer (ex officio) - Anthony Maclean.
Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee Instrument of Delegation:
Instrument of Delegation - Indigo Economic Development and Tourism Advisory Committee - Adopted 11 September 2012.pdf
The minutes of all IEDTAC meetings are included in the Agenda of the following Council Meeting. Please click here for Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
Indigo Shire Tourism Festivals & Events Grants Program 2016/2017
The 2016/2017 Indigo Shire Tourism Festivals and Events Grants Program will be opening for applications in early June 2016. Please watch this space for more information.
Last updated: 27 May 2016