Permits and application forms
Planning a festival or major event or filming?
Use this checklist to help you cover all Council requirements.
- Does the event incorporate a street party, festival or procession or a temporary road closure? [You need to apply for a Street Party, Festival, Processions, Temporary Road permit. Council will help you with coordinating approval from affected residents, VicRoads and Police and will advertise on your behalf in the local newspaper.]
- Does the event involve any busking or other artistic activity? [You need an Artistic Activity Permit.]
- Are you planning to hold a raffle or take up a collection as part of the event? [You need a permit.] Raffle organisers must be aware of and adhere to the requirements of the Victorian Casino and Gambling Authority www.gambling.vcga.vic.gov.au.
- Does the event involve any street stalls offering goods for sale or tasting? You need a permit for Roadside Street Trading. Special conditions apply for the sale of food. [Chiltern and Rutherglen], [Yackandandah, Barnawartha, Wahgunyah, Kiewa, Tangambalanga]
- Does the event require use of one of our towns' Kiosks? You need a permit: [Beechworth] [Rutherglen] [Other towns]
- Does the event use a public space or recreation reserve? [You need a permit to use this space.]
- Does the event use a loudspeaker? [You need a permit to use a loudspeaker in a public space.]
- Does the event include the consumption of liquor in a public place? [You need a permit to consume liquor in a public place.]
- Does the event have animal rides or horse-drawn vehicles? [You need a permit to allow these activities.]
- Does the event have an art and craft market? [You need a permit to conduct an art and craft market.]
- Does the event incorporate the sale of food? [You need to complete a food safety plan and temporary food stall permit and submit this to Council.]
- Does the event require a large temporary structure? [You need to contact Indigo Shire Council Building Department on 02 6028 1100 or email email@example.com regarding an Occupancy Permit for "Places of Public Entertainment" and "Prescribed temporary Structures".]
- Are you intending to film or photograph within Indigo Shire? (You need a permit to conduct these activities) Application form
For more information or assistance, please contact Indigo Shire Council on (03) 5728 8000 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 24 July 2015