Tourism & Events
Indigo Shire is situated in Victoria's picturesque North East. It borders the Murray River, the Australian Alps and is 270km north east of Melbourne.
The Shire is renowned for its natural beauty and preserved historic character. The Rutherglen area is world renowned for wine production. The historic towns of Beechworth, Chiltern and Yackandandah attract thousands of visitors each year to take in their historic character and natural beauty and to attend various festivals and events.
- January - Annual Birthday Celebration of Henry Handel Richardson Chiltern, Rutherglen Rowing Regatta and Opera in the Alps in Beechworth
- February - A Day on the Green Rutherglen and Writers, Readers and Poets Weekend in Beechworth
- March - Yackandandah Folk Festival, Tastes of Rutherglen and Chiltern Pro Rodeo
- April - Golden Horseshoes Festival (Easter) in Beechworth
- May - Drive Back in Time Beechworth
- June - Rutherglen Winery Walkabout, Rutherglen Country Fair and Chiltern Visual Arts Exhibition
- July - Kerferd Oration in Beechworth
- August - Ned Kelly Weekend in Beechworth, Beechworth Kelly Country Pick and Chiltern Antique Fair
- September - Spring Migration Festival in Yackandandah and surrounds and Rutherglen Wine Show
- October - Rutherglen Agricultural Show
- November - Beechworth Celtic Festival, Yackandandah Billy Cart Race and Chiltern MoRide
Last updated: 23 December 2014